NAMS treats patients who are addicted to drugs, alcohol, gambling, the internet and others. It runs a dedicated outpatient clinic for three different groups of patients – adolescents, private and subsidised patients.
To be the regional tertiary centre of excellence in addictions management.
- Provide high quality, accessible and affordable care that is evidence-based and localised to suit our population.
- Educate and engage the public on addiction prevention and treatment.
- Reduce stigma and barriers to seeking treatment.
- Raise standards of care through training and education.
- We will treat patients and their families with respect, dignity and fairness.
- We believe in treating the whole person in recovery, and not just the disease of addiction.
- We believe that any patient who desires to change can change with the appropriate support and resources.